today i am going to explain the steps to install latest OS X Mountain Lion on Dell Vostro 1550 laptop having configurations,
- 3rd Gen. Intel Core i3
- Intel HD 3000 Graphics
- 4GB DDR3 RAM & 500 GB HDD
- Broadcom 1701 wireless card & Realtek PCIe ethernet controller
So the main tools we are going to use are as under,
- OS X mountain lion ISO image modified for intel/amd. you can download from HERE.
- at least 20gb free hard disk space.
- Burn the downloaded ISO image on a DVD with any of your favorite CD/DVD burner.
- Before you boot from dvd, please enable "AHCI" mode for HDD in your BIOS Settings because OS X works under AHCI Mode only.
- Now boot from the dvd
- When you get the os x screen select your language and press next
- now on the next screen select "Disc Utility" from the top most menu of the screen.
- when disc utility starts select the partition you want to install OS X and format it with the option "Mac OS X extended journaled".
- when it finishes just close the disc utility and select customize on the next screen. Select the Graphics Enabler option under Graphics section.
- for Sound you have to download Voodoohda kernel (Just google it. Its easily available!).
- select next and wait for the process to finish installation.
- when the installation finishes, restart the pc
- what you get after restart? if you get the welcome screen then its good. But in case if you stuck at apple logo or get grey or blue screen with error. Just restart and enter "Graphics enabler = No"
- When you get the welcome screen finish the steps and let all the processes finish. ( It will repair all the permissions) generally it takes about 10 - 15 minutes. Don't restart or remove dvd from the drive during this process.
- when all done you are good to go.. enjoy your hackintosh.
Don't forget to say thanks if you like my post.